Active Decision support, Inc. has been providing clients the tools they need to make fact-based decisions for over five years. Over that period, ADS has served many clients in locations across the US and internationally while saving them operating costs and helping them visualize the information they need for decisions or building business opportunities.
Our services are tailored to your needs, whether you require a simpler economic analysis or an in-depth study requiring extensive modeling.
Dr. Bill Tarantino, President
Bill Tarantino has over 20 years of experience creating business solutions for complex problems in the corporate, private, and government sectors. He has numerous awards acknowledging his accomplishments and innovative solutions in the application of Operations Research using Analytics, Decision Analysis, Optimization, and Simulation. Bill has a Ph.D. in Economics with a specialty in Operations Research from the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado as well as a Master in Operations Research from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, where he served as Associate Dean. He is a retired US Army Colonel.
- Winner of the Edelman Award for excellence in Operations Research in 2001.
- Winner of the Koopmans Award for excellence in military applications paper in 2006.
- Team member and lead analyst for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship, 2012. Championship ring holder.
- Team member and Executive Consultant for the 2010 winner of the INFORMS prize for excellence in Operations Research.
Bill Evans, Operations Research Analyst
For more than 20 years, Bill has immersed himself in several disciplines of computing, including MSA (modeling, simulation, and analysis), optimization, and data visualization. He dabbles in theoretical biosurveillance, parallel processing, and in general is interested in solving difficult problems. Bill has a M.S. in Operations Research from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, and a B.S.E. in Computer Engineering from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is a retired US Navy Lieutenant Commander.
- Coauthor, “Cooperative search and rescue with a team of Mobile Robots” (local copy), International Conference on Advanced Robotics, 1997.
- Coauthor of the chapter “Visualization for Sociocultural Signature Detection” to appear in Sociocultural Behavior Sensemaking: State of the Art in Understanding the Operational Environment, currently in pre-print.
Eric Tarantino, Analyst
Eric Tarantino has almost 10 years of experience researching, assisting in, and creating business solutions for complex problems in the corporate, private, and government sectors. He is a Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst and has been certified in Risk Management. Eric has a B.A. in Economics from the University of Virginia.
- Analyst for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship, 2012.
- Coauthor of “Shipyard Planning Case,” a book chapter in Making Cents out of Knowledge Management, ed. Jay Liebowitz.
Tawny, Office Mascot
Tawny handles the office greeting and facilitates brainstorming opportunities by encouraging frequent walks on the recreation trail immediately outside the office. She is a licensed therapy dog and volunteers part time uplifting spirits at nearby hospitals. Tawny is ten years old.